Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I got a speeding ticket

Yeah, so I got a speeding ticket on my way home for Thanksgiving today, I guess I was going 76 in a 55. Which seems to confirm my suspicion that my speedometer tells me a speed 5 mph faster than I'm actually going, because I had thought I was going around 80.
So I got a ticket, and it is $$160!! What the hell? That's an ass lot of money. Maybe I'll go the court date and try and get out of it. Not that I'm not guilty; I am. I was definitely speeding, I just definitely don't want to pay that much money. No one will get Christmas presents if I have to shell out $160 for something so stupid!
Another idea I have is to call the station and tell whoever answers that I have to reschedule an appt with the police officer who wrote the ticket and find out his schedule and then try and move my court time to when he will be busy and if he doesn't show up, I don't have to pay it! Or, maybe I'll just pay it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachael Ferber said...

Lol, it was actually right out of Manhattan. It was still a divided highway, not even 2 lane yet. My cop was pretty nice, but I would just as soon *never* get a ticket again.

November 28, 2004 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter