Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Incubus concert

Was INCREDIBLE! It was crazy fun, I loved it so much. Jen and I ended up behind this big tall guy who just seemed to slide forward on his own. By the end of every song we were about 5 ft closer than we had started, so it didn't take long before we were way the hell up there. It was awesome. Brandon finally took his shirt off, which I had thought was a requirement for hot lead singers, but I was beginning to be a little concerned by 10:00 pm when it hadn't happened yet. Once Megalomaniac started everyone just went crazy, people were falling from the sky (crowd surfers, I never see them until they kick me in the face) and rushing and pushing and we couldn't stand and there was some kid next to me with a split lip and a black eye. And during the refrain there was this perfect rock aesthetic, with Brandon standing up on the speakers, shirt off, just wailing into the mic with his head tossed back and we were so close. I managed to not even dwell too much on Tyler's absence. We brought his friend (and our friend) Kyle, who was blast, the kid has some truly funny drunk stories. Involving nudity, as all really good drunk stories do. During "I wish you were here" I kept getting caught in the "I wish he was here" thought cycle, but other than that I was pretty distracted by Brandon. Humorous anecdote: When Tyler was saying how much he wished he could go (sure, whatever) he said that Brandon Boyd was beautiful, proving again that we are perfectly compatible in every way and even have the same taste in boys.
The road trip was half the fun, Kyle decided to do a little drinking and ended up making us pull over twice so he could pee on the side of the road because he couldn't hold it any longer. The first time Jen wouldn't pull over and he was saying he was going to go out the door and I really thought the kid was going to burst. It was damn funny. Someone really having to piss makes road trips better.
Also having really hot boys named Tyler in the car makes road trips pretty sweet. But I'm over it. Kyle's having a 5 kegger tonight and I expect that Tyler will be there, so hopefully I can see him and maybe even talk to him. Potential problem: Kyle/weasel might be there, see post on "I'm a bitch" below to find out why that would be bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter