Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Leaf blowing

So today I'm walking back from class and I see this big tractor/lawn mower thing and it is pushing the leaves off of the sidewalk?! What? At first I thought it was probably really a lawnmower that just got a little off track and would soon be corrected, but I followed it for a good long ways and it was seriously pushing leaves off the sidewalk. Now, maybe it is just me, but I had really thought that a good 75% of the point of autumn was to step on leaves as you walk around outside. Hell, I've lately been just walking around outside with my notebooks and shit, pretending like I'm on my way to or from the library, but really I'm just tromping the hell out of every leaf I can find. With my music going, and I may or may not be singing along a little bit, it's good times. And then I see some asshole with some stupid tractor pushing leaves off the sidewalk! I wonder how Tyler feels about this travesty.
What's totally sweet is when you're drunk off your ass and you're with your friends and it's night time and you're walking to a party and everyone is just running all the hell over the place, trampling leaves. Did that a little last night. I think they joined me in the fun... A few weeks ago I found this huge ass pile of leaves in the street and I just launched into it, rolling all over the place. I lost a shoe and ended up being one-shoed for the rest of the night. Also covered in leaves, in my hair and pockets. I woke up the next morning with one nasty dirty foot and leaves in my hair and I was like, "College fucking rocks"
I need some new slip-on shoes though, because I don't like flip flops and putting on shoes that have to be tied when all I'm doing is going downstairs for breakfast is dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter