Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

My computer died, my friends brought me a mouse

So I have a ten year old laptop that is the most hard-core Piece Of Shit ever. It has a docking station for Pete's sake! Anyways, I pirate a lot of music and I've filled my computer with it (I'm not sure how much, a lot.) It doesn't even have a high speed USB port so I can't get it onto my mp3 player, and it doesn't have a burner so I can't put the music onto CDs. A few weeks ago it started telling me I was low on space and I needed to delete something. I've deleted nearly every program on the damn thing, including my Microsoft office (which is great when I have to write a paper, I have to write it in Notepad like a tool) and it still says it doesn't have enough memory to do anything. So I stopped worrying about it, and when it told me I was below 200 mb I ignored it. And last night, after downloading Dangermouse's Grey album along with a mashed Queen album and Yoshimi battles the hip hop robots it flashed me a big red X saying that it was below 50 mb and was going on strike until I freed up some memory. And it apparently wasn't kidding, I can't even go to weather.com and find out if it's cold out. So I'm at the library, which actually isn't too bad because between 1:30 and 3:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays Tyler has nothing to do and generally doesn't want to leave campus and will frequently come here. He's not here right now, but I've got my eyes peeled. Oh, and I'm studying for my genetics test on Friday...right.

My friend found a mouse outside this morning and was able to just pick it up (bad sign) and he brought it to me. It's a little albino boy, I'm guessing around 6 weeks old. Some loser in the elevator asked me how I knew how old it was. If there is anyone in the entire fucking Derby dormitory complex who knows how to accurately age a young mouse, it is *me*, you tool! I didn't say that. But I should have. I put up a bunch of signs, you know, found: young mouse, I'm guessing that it was a feeder and I'm probably going to let it go as a feeder if we don't find a real home for it. There is nothing I would love more than to have pet mice again, but not a male, not in a dorm room. And if my roommate is going to let me have mice, I'm sure as hell not going to waste it on one solitary albino male feeder! I'll get a pair or trio of pretty females.
Everyone was so excited when I got back from class, they didn't even ask me how Tyler was, they made me close my eyes and hauled me all over the place and then plopped a little mouse into my hands. I was, naturally, delighted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter