Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Rating boys

Often when my roommate and I are in the Derb, we will see a fox walk by, but disagree on just how hot the boy is. This is a time when I might say to her, "What do you rate him?" I have come up with a simple 1-10 scale, with 5 being average. It works on a bell curve, so the vast majority of guys are going to be right around 5. We always use at least 1 decimal point, sometimes 2. The basic rule of thumb is that 5 is average, 6 is cute, 7 is hot, 8 is gorgeous, 9 is practically perfect and 10 is impossible.
Some people insist on using the scale wrong, such as, "Holy shit, there's an 11!" No. There are no 11s, if there were, they would be a 10 and shift the scale accordingly. It is a 1-10 scale. There are really no 10s either. I give Tyler a 9.8. We have to be objective, here.
My roommate also insists on using it wrong when she labels blue eyed, short hair with products, football player types as 8s and 9s. These boys are not 8s and 9s. They are 5s, unless I say otherwise.
We almost never go below 5, it is rude. We both know when we see an ugly guy, we don't ever point him out. The only time we talk about a guy below 5 is if one of us thinks he's hot, and the other has to point out that he is, in fact, a 3.4. Usually it is her mistake, not mine.
Kevin Bacon is a 0, which I will not discuss further because it requires me to think of him, and he is a hideous monster. I hate him as a person because he is so ugly.
The scale is for physical appearances only, and you may not take into account personality, sense of humor, etc. Only appearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter