Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm Emma Goldman

Emma Goldman mugshot!
You are Emma Goldman! You are the mama of
Anarchist/Communist feminism and you inspired
millions to embrace the labor movement. Without
ever directly saying so, you directed efforts
toward saving wymyn and children from
exploitation. Oh yeah, you were also a total
sexpot!


Which Western feminist icon are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

This was fun, but long and somewhat tedious. Also the way they were spelling "women" and "woman" was driving me insane. What the hell is with all of those "y"s?

As long as we're at it, I'm going to make my statement on how I feel about gender equality. I didn't think this was necessary, but since coming to K-State I have discovered that not only are there still racists, but there are still people who aren't entirely sure whether or not men and women are equal. Go figure. I don't think that there are actually guys who are like, "Girls are only good for two things: cooking and sex." But there are girls who are like, "don't hold the door for me, I don't need that!" and I'm like, what? Pure human laziness requires gratitude whenever people hold the door for you, and it is also fucking polite, you idiots. I've met people at parties who get all offended and shit when I say, "Make like a housewife and get me a beer." and they go off on how women aren't slaves, yadda yadda yadda. And in philosophy class we were talking about that funny Levi's commercial where the dog rips that girl's pants off to the tune of The Zutons "Pressure Point" and I'm laughing and saying how that's a funny commercial and I should train a dog to do that, but for guys, and our teacher is all like, "Doesn't that commerical support the double standard of, its ok to pants girls but not guys, and doesn't it objectify girls and make them no more than a pair of sexy legs!" And I'm thinking...it's a funny commercial with a good song, a cute couple, and a well-trained dog. What is the issue here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter