Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Lip Ring

So in about 2-3 hours I'm getting my lip pierced and I'm really nervous about it. Mostly, I think, because I told my mom last night and she about flipped out and started insisting that I would have to pay the rest of my college tuition if I got my lip pierced. But lately, she doesn't seem to have the power that she used to and, despite her shouting and yelling, she eventually appeared to give up.
I just started watching fight club, to pass the time, and it turns out that apparently one of the main characters is named Tyler.
In order to finish this post, I must pause the movie.
I'm afraid because my mom hates it, my little sisters and my dad hate it. In fact, everyone I've told with the exception of two friends has expressed disgust with the idea of lip rings. I'm afraid that I won't be able to get a job with it, because a lot of jobs have policies regarding facial piercings. I'm afraid that it will get infected and stay that way. I want a simple metal band, not a ball-pressure ring (whatever those are called) and I'm not sure if I can get that. Also, I had been planning on surprising all of my friends, but they all ended up finding out, and so now everyone knows and is waiting for me to do it. No backing out.
But I really do love the look of it. I think it is pretty, and somewhat classy. I just like it. I've been wearing a fake around my room for a month and whenever I pass a mirror I think: My, that's cute! So I'm going to do it.
I hope Tyler thinks it's sexy, although I don't really care what he thinks.
I hope all of the damn conservative Kansas boys aren't totally grossed out by it. I hope it doesn't get infected and I hope that my friend does it with me, like planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter