Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Sibling chauffeur

So the instant I got home I was immediately recruited to be the sibling chauffeur. Mainly the Emma chauffeur, actually, because that kid has more friends than I thought possible. And they are all touching all the time. They're like chimpanzees or something and all social bonds must be maintained through physical contact. I walk into the room and I can't tell how many people are on the couch because they are totally intertwined; like a freaking pile of puppies. Tangent. The point is that I have to drive her around a lot. She just takes it for granted, and I just automatically say yes, assuming she wouldn't ask if she didn't really need it. I found out on my first day home, however, that she would be more than happy to just flat-out live in my car while we pick up various friends and drop them off places, meet them places, or intersect their parents' vehicles on the road to literally pull friends out of the mom-van's back seat and place them into my cute-subaru back seat. So I started saying "No!" when she asks me to drive her or her friends somewhere, something mom and dad have apparently mastered already. As it turns out, this is a somewhat profitable way to go, because she doesn't give up, she just keeps asking, and then offering me things. Earlier today she wanted me to go pick up one of her friends from Dundee (all of her friends live way the hell across town) and I said no for a good fifteen minutes before giving in. I ended up with $3.00 and love poems from the kid I picked up; a pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself. So here are the poems, they're really cute. He's a sweet boy, I really do like her friends. To the max.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, words mos def can't express how much I love you" (mos def, in addition to being a singer, is Emma-code for "most definitely")
"Roses are red, stars are white, give me a hug and I'll squeeze you real tight"
and finally,
"Roses are red, and sometimes maroon; if I were older, I'd feed you with a spoon"

They also all conspired in the back seat and made me a bracelet, which was a bonus and not even part of the deal. Cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter