Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Facial piercings

I got my lip pierced and it is brilliant! I love it so much, and it didn't even hurt as bad as I thought it might. I also cannot drink at all without dribbling and slurping, as the ring is right in the middle of my lip.
Immediately after the piercing I threw some t-shirts into a backpack and drove 3 hours back to Manhattan for several days of drinking and exceptionally poor hygeine. It was awesome. From Friday lunch until Monday afternoon I didn't brush my teeth, face, hair, or anything or change my pants. I wore them all day, every day, and slept in them. Also puked in them. Friday night I saw Tyler (he likes the ring, or so I've heard), puked in the street, was harassed by a cop, made out at midnight, found a cell phone and called many numbers in order to return it to its owner, and then told a kid from one of my classes that I had been reading his Xanga and I thought we should be friends. In about that order. Yeah, kissing after puking, gross. Let me relate the cop incident, the way it has been told to me (I remember nothing) I've been told I seemed very calm and confident.
Me: (puking in the street) blah blah
Cop: quick, when is your birthday?
Me: February 15th 1985.
Cop: so you're not 21...
Me: yes I am.
Cop: what year were you born in?
Me: 1985.
Cop: Can I see your license?
Me: It is in my car, which I will NOT be driving tonight.
Cop: Somebody take this girl home.
And that was it. I don't remember talking to Tyler either, but I'm pretty sure he said the ring was cute. And he introduced his kissing buddy and I don't think I flew into a rage and ripped her face off, so I guess I really am getting over him! Whoo!

Sunday night we went to Lawrence for a concert and I saw a couple of cute boys. Now let me relate to you the problem of cute boys who are at a concert in Lawrence. These boys are trendy-indie boys, not normal Tyler-esque boys. That means they are very hot and well dressed, and very aware of it. The first one I spotted was really cute, very very thin, but it turned out he was gay (Gay, or indie? That is a game that we play). The second one I thought had a face like a god, but he was wearing Abercrombie girl pants. They looked good, but...come on! I like my boys to be a little more guy-ish. Or at least not in girl pants. Stupid Lawrence hipsters.

We then spent the night at my roommate's permanent home; all 7 of us having a slumber party. It was so much fun and her parents were incredible. We walk in at midnight and they have popcorn, pizza, cookies, and little smokies all laid out for us. They bought special pop for our diabetic friend. While we were watching Anchorman (SO funny) they brought down mixed nuts, a tray of chocolate, and then crackers with cheese and summer sausage. When we woke up the next morning they had doughnuts and cereal and juice and milk. It was incredible. Delightful really.

Monday, on the way back to Omaha from our weekend it was blizzarding and schools had been cancelled and so I was driving really carefully. Nontheless, we took an exit and started spinning all the hell over the place, almost hit 2 signs and ended up pointing into a ditch. Fortunately a salt truck came by and got us out. We laughed nervously and joked about what the paper would have said if we had died. We said how sorry my mom would have been for yelling at me about the lip ring. We will from now on refer to it as the day we almost died. "Hey, do remember the time we almost died?" "Yeah, that was so scary!" "To the max!"

My weekend kicked ass. As does my new lip ring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter