Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sundays I'll think about God

I've decided that on Sunday, if I'm not going to go to church, I'm going to think about God. And the reality is that Sunday mornings, if I am even fit to drive (probably not), I will have no idea where my car is, or my keys. So today I thought about God, got a lot of stuff typed out, still haven't reached any conclusions except the one obvious one:
Any religions that have strict rules, or even elaborate stories, are clearly just stories. Think about the world as we know it, and then think about various creation myths. They are stupid. And any notions about God judging people or interfering with day to day life, or moral truths taken from religious writings are all equally as false.
That is all I've come up with so far.
But then, there is also a quote from my favorite book that I just finished re-reading for the millionth time: “Be excessively reasonable and you risk throwing out the universe with the bathwater.” That's from Life of Pi, and it is really a really good book and everyone should read it because it's awesome.

Last night we had, literally here, eight separate parties to go to. We obviously didn't make all of them, but we did party hard, Andrew W.K. style. And when I say eight parties, I don't mean we had eight friends who were drinking that night, I mean full out keggers. It was brilliant. I saw Tyler's friend from Cheney who I've seen every weekend this semester, and every time he is like "You got your lip pierced? Whoa, that is so awesome!" Funny kid.

And now, for your Tyler zen of the day, a quote taken from "Tyler's friend from Cheney"'s blog. "tyler (tekay) kohler is an amazing specimen of how the human species should be. " I didn't write it, he did. So I'm obviously not the only one who sees how cool that kid is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter