Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Friday, February 25, 2005

awake at last!

I've been experimenting with different concoctions in the morning to see what I could possibly do to keep myself awake in my early classes. I have no problem leaping out of bed and going to them, but once there I can't seem to stay awake. And usually I get around 10 hours of sleep, so there is no excuse. So far I've tried coffee (which I hate) and I mixed it with a ton of cream and sugar, so maybe that diluted the caffeine, I don't know. Also mountain dew, sprite, and sugary cereal. They were all failures.
Yesterday was one of the busiest days of my life and I was dead tired throughout the whole thing and I lambed, so I didn't get to go to bed until 12:30. And I woke up this morning at 7:30 and have been *wide awake* all day. I usually nap after my classes and again after lunch, but I don't think sleep would be possible when I'm this awake. Here is my cure:
This morning at breakfast I decided to try Mountain Dew code red. There was no carbonated water in it, just the straight syrup, so I got a glass of it with a dash of regular, normal mountain dew just to dilute it a little. It was like a Shirley Temple with almost no sprite, delicious. It was so good, it was off the hook. And I don't think I will ever sleep again! Pure grenadine is my no-doze and it is tasty as all hell. The only problem is I don't know how I'll convince the Derb to never put carbonation into the code red again.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter