Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy

I've been really happy lately.
I was walking to class this morning and it occured to me that it doesn't have to be 70 degrees outside to be a beautiful day. Sometimes it's 2 degrees and there's a good layer of snow on the ground, but when the sun is shining...how can you not love it?
I love college. I love the freedom, and I love that you get graded based on your merits and the work you put forth. I love that you have absolutely no responsibility and that if I want to just spend weeks, or even months, just hanging out and reading and learning and talking to people, I can do that. Hell, that's all I really do! At any time at all I can walk over to Hale library, go down to the basement and lose myself in whatever I want to learn about at that moment. If I want to get wasted in the evening, I can! Maybe I'll make a snowman tonight. I have music, and friends, and interesting classes. I'm never stressed, I'm rarely genuinely unhappy, I never get sick or bored or yelled at. The only emotional turmoil I feel at all is my personal attempts at working out an understanding of the world that I can take and call my own faith.

"It fills me with an enormous sense of well being." - Blur, Parklife

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter