Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I love valentine's day

Not because I've ever had a boyfriend during it, but because the day after it is my birthday! Yeah! There is always a bunch of buildup, because I insist on my special day being...my special day.
But what I'm really here to talk about today is God. What proof is there really, that there is any God at all that exists? The Christian Crusade girls who visit us say that the bible is our proof. I think that they are lucky in that they can just base their faith on this and then they are certain and sure. I think that they are stupid for basing their entire faith on something that can be so easily torn down, just using simple logic. It's a book. Written 2,000 years ago, by men. It states things that are clearly in direct opposition to current knowledge of science Like: dinosaurs, the earth having water above it and within it, the idea that it would be possible to flood the entire earth, the notion that every human came from just two people, the list obviously goes on. It isn't their fault, it was before the scientific revolution. It's only natural that they would have ideas that were incorrect. The bible also is filled with things in direct opposition to current standards of morality. Like slavery, and genocide, and human sacrifice. So it isn't going to cut it for me to try and base a personal philosophy on the bible. But there also isn't any proof against a God. Similar to there being no proof against invisible, giant, ninja monkeys. But there seems to be a universal intuition that there is a greater power, and I don't think that that should necessarily be ignored. I don't think that it is so intellectually unsound to believe in something that has no proof for it, as long as you are willing to believe in other things that have no proof, like bigfoot and ghosts. But I hate the idea of believing in other stupid supernatural things. Telepathy, ghosts, voodoo, etc. If you're going to believe in one supernatural thing that doesn't appear to have much basis, don't you have to believe in the rest?


Tyler lyric for the day

"And he doesn’t know who I am
And he doesn’t give a damn about me
Cuz I’m just a teenage dirtbag baby" - Wheatus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter