Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Saying Goodbye

So today I deleted his pictures and posts from my hardrive. Probably I should never have saved them there in the first place, and I do still know exactly where to go to see them all again on the internet, but they are no longer lurking on my harddrive. It was always a swift kick in the gut to stumble across them, and it has been known to spark a rough couple of hours, so it is better that they're gone. The posts that he made on our philosophy class's webpage will be missed. They were very articulate and thought provoking and represented a point of view entirely separate from the majority of our class, but I deleted those, too, and there will be no way to ever read them again. I also removed several Tyler-related links from my favorites list, things like his friends' xangas. Except one, because I know the kid, too, and he is genuinely entertaining to read and he rarely talks about Tyler (except when he calls him an amazing specimen of how the human species should be...)
So I'm trying to move on. Today wasn't the best day, but I've obviously had worse. I'll make a scale of one to ten. One being what I'm aspiring to: a day without a single thought of Tyler. Ten being a very bad day, more like the ones I used to have where I never stopped thinking about him. I'd give today a 4.2.

"And there's nothing left here to remind me,
just the memory of your face
Ooh take a look at me now, well there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me is against the odds and that's what I've got to face" - Postal Service (Phil Collins?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter