Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

well, shit

So I just washing machine-ed my cell phone. First off, this is immediately inconvenient because I have friends coming down from Omaha for my party tonight, and they will need directions and have no way of contacting me. This is overcome by my use of my roommate's cell phone. Also, I have been telling everyone for weeks and months about my birthday party, which is tonight, so it is reasonable to expect that people may be calling me, trying to determine times, addresses, money, etc. Hopefully said friends will have the presence of mind to call someone else that they would expect to be with me to find out the needed information. Finally, I am broke as all hell. I have absolutely no money, whatsoever. My parents have no money to give me. I've applied for every job that's come along, interviewed for all of them, and then been shot down. I just found out that I was mistaken in my belief that my parents had deposited money into my account and so I have badly overdrawn it many times in the past couple of weeks and will probably have to pay fines out my ass. But life without a cell phone? It is almost inconceivable. It is like life without an internet, or worse...a torso. (mad props if anyone caught the BtVS reference there. And if you don't know what BtVS stands for...you are much cooler than I)
The good news though, is that I'm having a party and I'm really excited and it's going to be crazy fun. And my friends and little sister are coming, so I'm ecstatic, and my roommate just got me the best birthday present ever: a big poster of Brandon Boyd, to go between Bob and Jim.



Also I cleaned my room really thoroughly today, so that makes me happy, and I did laundry, so I have lots of clean clothes.

One final thing, here comes my 10th straight night of getting wasted. I'm no longer sure if that is a cool thing or not. I also learned about a fantastic book I need to check out from the library: Hume's Dialougues concerning natural religion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Site Meter